the most beautiful little puzzle game ever made!
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Practical: Upon first arriving at the car show we found a kindly gentleman handing out a floor plan with a complementary air freshener. This is dually practical in that it lets you know where to find particular venders when you get to the show floor and it makes your car not stink.
Poetic: The bouquet of dip-sticks was rather beautiful, and in turning something (the dip stick) that represents time, hassel, money, but is ultimately necessary into a pretty display is a friendly and poetic reminder to get your oil checked.
Saturday, February 13, 2010
2 / 15 — done: 1/2 finished with function of site
do: figure out how to visualize all the data & gather all the data necessary for mockups.
2 / 17 — done: finalize function of site
do: make sure all data is relevant & finish understanding the data visualization
2 / 22 — done: begin branding logo & elements
do: begin making outline for task scenarios
2 / 24 — done: 1/2 finished branding & outline
do: wrap up the branding process and finalize and outline
3 / 1 — done: finish branding & outline for task scenario
do: figure out what pages are going to be needed based on the task scenarios
3 / 3 — done: begin designing all pages & elements
do: continue designing pages and elements figure out how to resolve things that haven’t been accounted for
3 / 8 — done: 1/2 done designing all pages & elements
do: continue to improve the design tighten up loose ends
3 / 10 — done: finish designing all pages & elements necessary to task scenario
do: begin task scenario mockup
3 / 22 — done: begin task scenario mockup
do: finish one mockup and check timing
3 / 24 — done: 1/4 finished with task scenario mockup
do: continue working on task scenarios
3 / 29 — done: 1/2 finished with task scenario mockup
do: refine task scenarios
3 / 31 — done: 3/4 finished with task scenario mockup
do: finish task scenario & test
4 / 5 — done: test task scenarios to make sure they make sense
do: finalize task scenarios make outline
4 / 7 — done: have presentation outline made & images/materials collected
do: put presentation together & practice
4 / 12 — 1st formal presentation
4 / 14 — done: revise presentation based on critique
do: prepare for 2nd formal presentation
4 / 19 — 2nd formal preliminary presentation
4 / 21 — done: revise presentation based on critique
do: supplement presentation with research
4 / 26 — final presentation
4 / 28 — production for show
5 / 3 — install show
5 / 5 — install show
Friday, February 12, 2010
Monday, February 8, 2010
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
I found taggylicio.us and it is a really good reference to my degree project. It sources social media sites like flickr, youtube, digg, etc. to provide content for queries.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
post in progress
- what if all the headlines for all "major" world new sources appeared in one place‽
- what if all the product information and reviews for folgers coffee appeared in one place‽
- what if all the statistical data on the battle of the bulge appeared in one place‽
- what if a program analyzed rss headlines and sought out articles related to words in the headline‽
- what if i gave someone a pressing question and use the internet to form an argument‽ (to see how people use the internet to access information)
- what if i gave someone something dense with information and asked them what information they would like to have‽
- what if the differences in product opinion was visualized‽
- what if the interaction was mouse-less‽
- what the interaction was "liquid"‽ (have you ever been on wikipedia and went from one link to another reading bits of things until you forget where you started‽ what if the interaction was made to purposefully facilitate that‽)
- what if the utilization didn't require vision?
- what if the interaction didn't require hands?
- what if it was life changing?
- what if it smelled?
- what if it was a game?
- what if it looked like a rock concert sounds?
- what if it was the 80s?
- what if it was linear?
- what if it was self referencial?
- what if it required tennis shoes?
- what if it was designed by a tiger?
- what if the content designed it?
- what if it never looked the same?
- what if it looked different based on degree of interaction?
- what if