Thursday, February 19, 2009

ReVision Redux






When I made these i still wasn't certain what i should be doing or how these should look. I have been having a really hard time coming up with a language that doesn't overpower the imagery of the collection (which is god awful), and also gives my opinion on the subject matter and what i have been trying to do, and the purpose of starting this collection in the first place. I have decided to revamp the site, but before i show you the visual sampling i did to illustrate what i will be going for i thought you'd like to see a screen shot of the animated MAGNETIC HALBACH ARRAY. it looks cooler in motion, and don't worry the type will look different.



so after looking at my site with fellow classmates i decided that i still don't like anything about it, and jokingly put out the idea that the website should allude to 1972, when the yellow ribbon idea was first conceived in the form of a song. My classmates agreed, partly I'm sure because they just wanted to see something other than what you saw above. Even though i threw the idea out as a joke the more i thought about it the more i liked it, and i think it relates to my subject matter because that would have been a time period where war protest was peaking and also there was a lot of nice gridded swiss style design occurring, it happens that '72 was the year that vignelli designed the new york subway map. i think i'll use the aesthetics of this time period to draw inspiration from.

No comments: