Sunday, April 13, 2008

Shminfo Shmaph Binfo Baph


Since last critique I have:
physically created, photographed, and photoshoped (ugh) my graph materials.
trying to get that stuff to line up properly was a very large pain in my relatively small body; however, I think that it worked out for the better. The depth that the photograph adds to the graph, I think adds a lot more interest.
added some colored bars to clarify which items are in which row. I also think they add a level of visual appeal.
went with a color change instead of scale to indicate the first appearance of each object. I decided not to add a key because I thought that it would add more clutter to the graph, and I thought the the idea would become self evident to the viewer, and is not an important enough aspect of the graphs structure to warrant explanation.
wrote the editorial, on the post war population increase causing economic growth, crime growth, technological growth. Which gives three reason why the united states would be the country making these improvements and discoveries.
fixed my spelling errors
changed how the names of the countries interact with the country.
extended portions of my time-line to accommodate the space the icons require
added the pictures of several well known serial killers to accent the graph.

I'm not to sure about them. I thought about photographically those also but that would give them too much importance on the graph, when the are there to serve as an accent to the underlying theme. The problem I have with them now is placement. I think the placement makes them look like they should have significance to the icon, but they don't. I wanted to do that, like have a serial killer who was put away as a result of the different tools, but then they would all be on the right side of the graph, cramping it even more since photographs of earlier criminals don't exist for obvious reasons. Well I guess we'll see.

No comments: