Sunday, October 18, 2009

DS: Oto

After renaming the moon Oto, I had to figure out a way to display that typographically. I went through a long process of type iterations that used typefaces I felt would be found in the future. Most of them were sans-serifs, because I don't think there will be serifs in the future. mostly because of the screen, but that's another argument.


I then started making forms that would work with the moon. It would have to convey a mooniness, but remain simple and scaleable while still carrying a rich history of discovery and exploration.



After choosing a logo type and a moon mark I began applying it across a rang of materials. Some fun and some practical. I like the moon juice, and check out the teleportation function of the oto app. It's pretty sweet.

No comments: