Friday, February 13, 2009

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WEBSITE!



okay, I don't know. I'm not enjoying where this is going, I want to redo it again. I like this better, but... I don't know I liked my previous directions better. (the refrigerator or the folders) It made sense to me and people would get it as they explore the website, but the images of the collection and the form of the site were competing. Now i think i have eliminated the competition and simplified everything, I think the hierarchy and composition are better, contrast can probably be pushed, maybe not with color, i don't want any competition, but with scale. I like the wording in the title, and throughout the site for that matter, but I think the aesthetic of the title needs work. I'm also still not sold on the infograph that remains at the top of the page and plots the locations of acquisition as the magnets are searched through. I like the elimination of the state of missouri, and focusing just on the cities, but it needs something else. I don't know. This is hard.

"We choose to go to the moon... We choose to go to the moon not because it is easy, but because it is hard."
-John F. Kennedy

1 comment:

jamie said...

Ian, as the curator of this collection, what is your point of view about the objects? How does the cultural commentary change when the ribbons move from someone else's car to your collection?

You haven't posted your visual research for your new direction yet, so I'll ask you it here... How does a choice of representational strategy communicate your p.o.v? How does your personal stake in the making of this collection get conveyed in your design?