Wednesday, April 30, 2008

final project


These are my 18 compositions so far, The bottom set are the hand generated versions, and the top are prints of the photographs that that have the type added to them, in the next step I will be exploring/implementing negative space, and will explore different type arrangements and sizes, and hand lettered versus computer generated.

These are my visual explorations of the themes that I developed in the last portion. I explored acetone transfers, stamps, degradation through printing and photographing, and projection. The degradations that happened across multiple steps were unsuccessful because the images were to complex to be as illegible as they were. I think I will continue to explore acetone, stamps of my icons since the form of them lends themselves to becoming stamps, and projection/photography.


This is my brain's storming of ideas onto the page. I came across many possible solutions, but the three I am most attracted to are the comparison of religion and science. The juxtaposition of my icons with objects that it would be impossible for the objects to manipulate, as a means of commenting on the limits of science. The third idea that I thought was worth something, but I don't think I like as much was the idea of showing the icons, "good guy equipment" with the bad guy equivalent. I think that I don't like this one because I want to stay away from the crime business.

No comments: