Thursday, March 27, 2008

Statement: Project 2

This project was an exploration of form and simplicity for me.
In the initial phases of this project I wanted to draw from objects that while visually more interesting, were not straightforward enough to be recognizable. I altered my outlook and simplified both form and concept, until I arrived and this singular line solution.
Questions I asked myself in the refinement stages of this exploration were, how much? how big? how small? how think?
During the color application I was presented with more questions;
how can two colors be integrated into a single line? what color? why? how will this affect scaling?
Considering each questions and their answers furthered my understanding of the precision with which we must create in order to effectively deliver a message.

No comments: